Monday, April 6, 2015

The countdown until Mortal Kombat X

My first Mortal Kombat experience goes all the back to Mortal Kombat II (MK II) on the SNES. It was one of the few games I owned for the console. I recalled playing this game repeatedly, either against my brother, my uncle, or friends. I loved MK II so much that I even watched both of the series' films, Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. The MK series has been around for about twelve-three years, and the tenth main installment of this popular series (MKX) is slated for release on April 14, 2015. Here are three reasons why I'm excited:

1. The character roster (familiar and new faces)

My MK favorites such as: Sub-Zero, Raiden, Johnny Cage, and Scorpion are all here. Along with that, there are new faces in MKX that instantly grabbed my attention. I'm really excited to play new characters, Ferra and Torr. This duo consists of Torr, who's a giant armored brute who carries Ferra, a small armored female with claws on his shoulders.

2. Original story line

It was announced that MKX will include a original story line which sounds refreshing for the series. The game's story will pick up exactly where the previous game ended. This game's story line will occur during a twelve-five year period.

3. New mode

MKX will include a new original mode, Fraction Wars. This mode allows the player to choose one of five fractions: Lin Kuei, Special Forces, White Lotus, Black Dragon, and the Brotherhood of Shadow. After picking a fraction, the player can compete against other fractions, win points for his or her fractions, and even have the chance to earn a prize by the end of that week. Pretty cool!

I can't wait to play MKX against my family members, friends, and the online community.

Game On!